Tuesday, January 29, 2013

2012 In Reviews

Can you believe 2012 has g o n e by already?!

Where has all the time gone? I am still the same ol' slacker but a W H O L E year just went by? What? 2012 was crazy! Let me just fill you in. . .

January 
I stated working at a new place (I actually stated since December 2011) called ' C U P C A K E  L O V E'. I enjoyed it as much as I could. And Jonathan and I were dating (with nothing serious or any commitments), we had our first 'New Year Kiss' at midnight of January 1, 2012 at his parents' balcony.





February
We had our 'F I R S T' Valentine's. It lasted 24 days. Why 24? Because J never celebrated Valentine's Day before. We simply took turns to do things for each other. I just love US!!! <3


My Valentine's Day e-card for Jonathan.

One of those 24 things we did for each other.


March
So. . .we got ENGAGED!! It was unexpected! Trust me none of us planned to get married anytime soon. Things were going great but marriage came out of nowhere, but for the best I guess. Things are meant to be and I loved how they turned out. Oh! And I found out I had a tumor in one of my ovaries, the size of newborn's head. Pretty terrified for a 20-year-old girl who just got engaged! ;)


Our proposal in the bookstore.

Some of our engagement photos.

More of the engagement photos.
April
The most stressful and busiest month ever! The wedding planning started and it, of course, drove me (and possibly everyone) crazy! We had our Thai ceremony at my house and a so called (p)reception at my homeward. I took a break from my work. And we flew to the states to get married. . .like for real!! I received my endowment and went through the temple for the first time. It was an amazing experience. To be honest, I didn't learn much from the first time but what I remembered and loved the most from that experience was a reminder that reminded me that FAMILIES CAN BE (and will be) TOGETHER FOREVER. It was the most important thing I needed to know and I'm thankful for that.


Our families at the Thai ceremony

Throwing my bouquet like a pro at our (p)reception! 

Meh, it's us! What do you expect?!


Right in front of the Oakland Temple after I receive my endowment.
Melissa and Matt were there too!

J and I at Muir Woods.

Us at Golden Gate Bridge. 

May
Okay, for real we got MARRIED!!! May 8. 2012 at 10:20 AM in Salt Lake Temple, Utah. It was a perfect day! The happiest day in our lives indeed. =) Words cannot describe how we truly felt inside. To me it was the best decision I ever made in my life. Marrying Jonathan was the most rightful and wonderful thing that I could have done. And yes, it's a deal for eternity!! Then we went to the 'HAPPIEST PLACE ON EARTH' aka perfect place for honeymoon! Yes, that was also why I said yes in the first place when he proposed. ;)


On our way to Utah. . . apparently not everyone of us prepared for snow!

Brotherly Love. 

At my bridal shower. Jenna is so awesome!!

The other '60' Mackleys at Grandma's birthday party!
4 Days before the wedding.

Introducing Mr. & Mrs. Mackley!!!

In front of the temple after we were sealed for ETERNITY!!!

The Sisters!! 

And then we off to the honeymoon!!!

J's face is priceless!!! 

Us with Woody - the only character we got to take picture with!

Waiting for the parade.
PDA is acceptable on honeymoon.

We flew back home(Thailand) and started our 'married' life here. We moved into a one bedroom apartment that we don't really own a darn thing in! Everything either belongs to the owner (because it's a furnished apartment) or we took from J's parents'! Hah. . .newlyweds! And during the last week of May, I went through surgery. They took off a tumor and also one of my ovaries. Hello! A 20-year-old girl with one ovary! Yes, I like to make a big deal out of it.


After they took the tumor out. 


June
Jonathan went back to school after his summer break was over. I was being put on bed rest for the first time of the year (yes, there were more). I discovered that I hate being home and doing nothing other than being at work for 8 hours! So I started blogging.



July
I went back to work (finally)!! We celebrated our first 4th of July on the 3rd of July. I convinced Jonathan not to cut his hair and it was such a mistake! His hair was out of control and he got made fun of from his family every time we skyped with them. 


Our first 4 of July.
(I mentioned about the hair, didn't I?!)

I made those cupcakes at work and nope, I didn't get fired!

August
I got relocated to a brand new branch of Cupcake Love. It was closer to where we live but I then started to work my butt off. I worked 10 - 13 hours a day, 6 days a week! I had no life. But I kinda liked it. It was better than not having anything to do. Jonathan was busy with school. We had been married for 3 months by then.

September
September was just another month. I still had no life because of work and J was busy with school. He was getting ready for finals in October. But little did we know our new chapter of life was about to begin! ;)

October
I decided to take a break from work. J was done with his finals and finally got his hair cut. We treated ourselves some nice 'post' honeymoon trip. As poor as we were/are, we got a great deal of a 1 night stay at a hotel. It was nice to get out of the house. And we went to Hong Kong! It was fun except that I was pretty sick the whole time we were there. We did enjoy our stay though. We stayed at the temple guesthouse (it was reasonably cheap but NOT recommended for newlyweds! We were separated the whole time we stayed there.). We went through Hong Kong Temple together for the first time. I love the temples! It's the most peaceful place you can find on earth. I wish we lived closer to a temple. And we also went to Disneyland Hong Kong! I learned my lesson not to ever ride the Mad Tea Cups with the Mackley men! It was nasty! 


Our hotel room.

The bathtub! =)

My first meal in Hong Kong - Hot Pot like a boss!!

Us in front of the temple.

My Bubby with his tart. <3

Hong Kong street food - YES! I tried some.

Hmm, no, I was NOT impressed!

Beautiful Hong Kong's lights.

BEST DIM SUM EVER!!!

Hong Kong Disneyland!!!

A crazy dude trying to kill his wife on a Mad Tea Cup.

His wife after the killing attempt.

One more picture of his wife just right before throwing up.

We came home and I was feeling sick still. We later found out what was wrong with me. I'm PREGNANT!!

The (probably) 5th pregnancy test I took before we believed I really am pregnant!

November
The pregnancy seriously began! I was suffering with really bad morning sickness. Early pregnancy is way scarier than I could ever think of! I was bleeding at 6 weeks and then being put on bed rest. My doctor said I could have lost the baby if I continued working so here I go again being stuck at home. I started to lose weight due to morning sickness. I was not able to keep food down and making through a day was the hardest thing for me. As much as I hated it, I also started to realize the miracle that's growing inside of me. I have one ovary and we did not plan for this! I guess Heavenly Father just knows what He is doing. My life has never been like I plan. . .like seriously! Sometimes things fall apart but I always find reasons later on why it happened that way. I'm thankful for my Heavenly Father that He watches over me. I'm more than thrilled to be a mother and to start a family with Jonathan! And not to mention J has been an amazing husband! He is treating me like I'm a handicap. . .seriously I don't have to do a darn thing! He takes care of every single thing!

We made it official on Thanksgiving that we are expecting our little one


Our baby announcement - I REALLY was puking!

Peanut at 8 weeks - it looks just like I swallowed a gummy bear!

December
I turned 21 and continued having bad morning sickness. I lost total 11 lbs at this point. I had to quit my job because there is no way I can work while I can't even stand for 10 minutes (I fainted while waiting in line for 10 minutes! can you believe that?!). J turned 25 and ate lettuce on his birthday burger! He is all grown up now. ;) December was a busy month for everyone. I kept pushing off Christmas shopping and decorating to the last minute (not my fault! they said the world was gonna end before Christmas!). J's school was being such a pain for us. He had bazillion projects that he had to get done. Peanut was busy growing and making me feel sick. I made it through my first trimester very poorly. Even had some bleeding again at 11 weeks and of course being put on bed rest for the THIRD time of the year!


My three pounds ice cream birthday cake. 

The birthday boy with his birthday burger.

We had our first Christmas as a married couple and the only Christmas we will ever have just the two of us. I bought Peanut a present, it was a onesie that says "Here Comes Trouble" which I think will perfectly fit him/her. ;) Jonathan got me a unicorn! Not a real one, but its a pillow pet, its pink and purple and its so fat! I named her Ms. Chubbykins! Jonathan got a Marvel Comics mug and Star Wars Legos. It was pretty cool because it came with a Death Star tree ornament! Do you see how mature we are? And yes, we are having a baby. 


My Christmas Bump - 14 weeks

Our Christmas Tree.
The onesie I got for Peanut.

Jonathan and his Marvel Comics mug.

I'm not impressed with Jonathan's present wrapping skill!!

That's what it looks like when I opened my present.

Ms. Chubbykins!!!

Jonathan's Star Wars Legos.


So that was our 2012. It was a pretty big, crazy, eventful year. There sure were ups and downs, but the best parts are we always have each other. We're looking forward to 2013, it's shaping up to be pretty eventful, too, and we hope you all will enjoy seeing the
e w  Y a r
unfold with us.
   







3 comments:

  1. That was a great year!!! I liked being with you through both the ups and the downs ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY GOODNESS!!! What a year! I'm glad you had so many fun/happy memories to even out the sad/scary moments. MINK!!! GET REST! It is a LOT of hard work for your body to make a baby. I hope the rest of your pregnancy goes smoothly. REST and RELAX as much as possible! :D

    ReplyDelete