Sunday, July 22, 2012

Authentic Italian Meatballs And Tomato Sauce

Well, hi this is NOT a food blog but yes, it happens! I've been cooking a lot and kept posting/blogging about food! 
But this one deserves its own post!!!


I made this 'so amazingly incredibly awesome' homemade Italian meatballs and tomato sauce today! I found this recipe online (yes, that's what I do at work. . .surfing the wonderful World Wide Web. . .yeah pretty much when I get some free time which is most of the time when I'm at work! Go figure. . .). Anyway, it's an AUTHENTIC ITALIAN recipe that someone's father got from a little old lady in Italy while he was living there. She gave up this recipe after he kept bothering her for years. . .






* * I combined half  beef and pork and it turned out good 
because it wasn't so meaty and the texture was very soft and tender. * * 

* * I used Japanese breadcrumbs since that's the only kind we could fine here. * *

* * I used 1 teaspoon of garlic salt and parsley flakes. * *


* * I used 4 cloves of garlic because we LOVE garlic and did not use cloves. . .no such thing in Thailand * *

* * Crock-pot is a wonderful invention!! * *



  

1 comment:

  1. Yes! I'm going to try this on Sunday :) Tyler and I were just talking about having spaghetti.

    ReplyDelete